1. We believe that the Holy Bible is the inspired, infallible source of all truth. (II Timothy 3:16)
2. We believe in one God, the omniscient, omnipresent, and all-powerful creator and sustainer of the universe. (Genesis 1:1, II Kings 19:15)
3. We believe that Jesus Christ came into the word as God Incarnate, took upon Himself our sins, was crucified, died, and resurrected. Through Him salvation has come to all that believe and profess Him as their Savior. (I Corinthians 15:3, I Peter 2: 21-30, John 3:16)
4. We believe that regeneration by the Holy Spirit is essential for the salvation of lost and sinful man. (Romans 3:21-30, Gal. 4:4-7)
5. We believe that the redemptive work of Christ on the cross provides healing for the body, mind, and spirit in answer to believing prayer. (Isaiah 53:5, I Peter 2:24, James 5:14-16)
6. We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; they that are saved unto the resurrection of the life, and they that are lost unto the resurrection of damnation. (John 5:24, 28, and 29)
7. We believe that the church is the body of Christ serving as a source of instruction, edification, and fellowship for all believers. (Ephesians 4:4, II Timothy 2:15, Hebrews 10:25)
8. We believe that Jesus Christ through the Great Commission, has challenged all believers to spread the good news of salvation and regeneration. (Matthew 28:19)
9. We believe that God wonderfully and immutably creates each person as male or female. These two distinct, complementary genders together reflect the image and nature of God (Gen. 1:26-27.)
10. We believe that the term “marriage” has only one meaning: the uniting of one man and one woman in a single, exclusive union, as delineated in Scripture (Gen 2:18-25.) We believe that God intends sexual intimacy to occur only between a man and a woman who are married to each other. (1Cor. 6:18; 7:2-5; Heb. 13:.4).
11. We believe that any form of sexual immorality (including adultery, fornication, homosexual behavior, bisexual conduct, bestiality, incest, or the use of pornography) is sinful and offensive to God (Matt 15:18-20; I Cor. 6:9-10).
12. We believe that all human life is sacred and created by God in His image. Human life is of inestimable worth in all its dimension, including pre-born babies, the aged, the physically or mentally challenged, and every other stage or condition from conception through natural death. We are therefore called to defend, protect, and value all human life. (Ps. 139)
13. We believe that God offers redemption and restoration to all who confess and forsake their sin, seeking His mercy and forgiveness through Jesus Christ (Acts 3:19-21; Rom 10:9-10; I Cor. 6:9-11.)
14. We believe that every person must be afforded compassion, love, kindness, respect, and dignity. (Mark 12:28-31; Luke 6:31.) Hateful and harassing behavior or attitudes directed toward any individual are to be repudiated and are not in accord with Scripture nor the doctrines of Eagle Ridge Christian School.
The statement of faith does not exhaust the extent of our beliefs. The Bible itself, as the inspired and infallible Word of God that speaks with final authority concerning truth, morality, and the proper conduct of mankind, is the sole and final source of all that we believe. For purposes of Eagle Ridge Christian School’s faith, doctrine, practice, policy, and discipline, the Pastor of Rock of Cape Church is Eagle Ridge’s final interpretive authority on the Bible’s meaning and application.
Copyright Eagle Ridge Christian School 2017. All Rights Reserved.